Sunday, 29 March 2015

YUMMY MARSHMALLOWY BISCUITY THINGS


Catchy title right? 

The other day I made these wonderfully sickly marshmallow biscuit fingers and they were too good not to share. OK, so the photo doesn't exactly do them much that much justice - not a disaster but definitely taste better than they look. In the words of my housemate, 'they just smell like they are bad for you'...and they are. So, a slightly delayed disclaimer: do not read whilst dieting / attempting to kick the sugar addiction. For those living on the wild side, here's all you need:

350g  Digestive Biscuits
125g Plain Chocolate
225g Butter
25g Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 tbsp Honey
55g Mini Mashmallows
100g White Chocolate Chips 


If I'm honest I didn't really stick to the measurements. Whilst I would like to claim that it's because I'm such an excellent chef it's more likely because I didn't check how much I actually needed before I popped off to the shop. (P.S. this post if not sponsored by Tesco but if they're offering...). It all seemed to work out so don't panic if you're a couple of mini marshmallows down - though it's definitely a case of the more the merrier in my eyes. 

The first step is to break the digestives in to small pieces. By all means go with the recipe recommendation of attacking them with a rolling pin but breaking them by hand (due to lack of rolling pin) seemed to work just fine for me. 


Next, melt the dark chocolate (broken in to pieces), butter, sugar, cocoa powder and honey together in a saucepan until, well, it looks how you imagine such a chocolately mixture should look and your kitchen smells like some sort of chocolate heaven, then remove from the heat to cool. 

Once your mixture is slightly cool (sidenote: that was what they called me in high school) add in your crushed biscuits, marshmallows and chocolate chips and mix well.


The next stage is where it could all wrong. Not because there is another particularly complicated step in the recipe but because it's the stage that involves practicing self-restraint. Try, if you can, fighting the urge to now take your saucepan of goodness over to your sofa (or bed, I dont judge) and spoon feeding yourself the mixture until your stomach is in turmoil. Instead the 'recipe' *rolls eyes* says you should turn the mixture in to a square baking tin (or lasagna dish if your are improvising like myself) and leave to set for 2-3 hours. Yes, 2-3 hours! That's stupidly long to go without so allow yourself a snack or three until the time comes. 


I added a few more marshmallows and chocolate chips to the top for aesthetic (and greed) reasons. Once it feels hard to the touch just simply cut your square of chocolate gloriousness in to fingers and serve (to yourself and/or a friend).

And there you have it, wonderfully sickening anti-diet Marshmallowy Biscuity Treats.

Disclaimer: I am in no way a baking/cooking expert, please consult an actual recipe and do not contact me should you develop any form of food poisoning. I have no money for you to sue me for.

Enjoy!

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Tumblr

3 comments:

  1. Oh my these look delicious- theres nothing better than chocolate, marshmallows and biscuits! lovely post :)
    www.missmollyemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious and the description as well as the disclaimer had me laughing out loud! Now how will I survive until the shops open up again? I have nothing to recreate this in my kitchen...

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look incredible, thanks for sharing!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete