Saturday, 11 April 2015

Afternoon Tea at Cathedral 73 | Cardiff



After four days back in work the Easter break already seems like a lifetime ago but I still wanted to share a few photos from the lovely afternoon tea we had on the Saturday at Cathedral 73. It was actually a belated Mother's Day celebration but seeing as my sister was away that day we decided Easter would be just as good a time as any.

If you know Cardiff you'll find Cathedral 73 on Cathedral Road, and if you don't, well, google it. Mum had raved (or dropped hints) about the place after visiting with her friend so we booked the afternoon tea (which costs around £15 each) as a nice little surprise.


As expected there was a wide variety of tea on offer and for the first time I thought to myself 'dammit I wish I liked tea!'. You could say it was wasted on my but those scones weren't going to eat themselves. 


The usual afternoon tea suspects were all there with finger sandwiches, scones, mini brownies, mini apple and cinnamon cake, mini raspberry deserts, mini macarons. I swear - things do taste better when they're mini. 


The reason we liked it here so much was not only because of the very, very good scones but because there's just a nice calm, clean atmosphere. I think we're over the days where afternoon tea has to be served in a vintage style with a Cath Kidston tablecloth aren't we? Outrageously camp displays of peacock feathers on the other hand...


Loving the Easter decoration too but also can't help thinking what a waste of chocolate egg and rainbow drops!

To conclude - I recommend if you're looking for somewhere different in Cardiff to treat your mother (or any loved one for that matter).

Did you go anywhere nice over the Easter weekend? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment