Thursday, 30 April 2015

Beauty Wishlist


May starts tomorrow. The sun is making its way (occasionally) out from the clouds and thoughts of summer and how shit and pasty everyone looks are currently in the air. I crave, like I'm sure many others do, glowing, golden skin at this time of year. Note that I'm writing this pale as a ghost, not so much glowing as sweating and snotty from my current illness. What a lovely image for you. And yes, this post has taken way too long to write as I keep needing 'rests' after every couple of words. Let's keep it short and sweet then. Basically these are a few things I've been lusting after recently. Anything to help me look like I haven't just come back to life after being pulled out from the underworld. Hercules reference...anyone?

1. Pixi Glow Tonic -£18
Back a few months ago, years even, this was all beauty bloggers and vloggers talked about. It dropped off the radar a little and the packaging has had a revamp but it still promises to give that much sought after glow. For those that haven't heard of it before it's a liquid exfoliator, getting rid of those pesky dead skin cells but without the harshness (or annoyance) of a facial scrub. Oh and Zoella included it in a favourites video recently so of course it is very firmly back on everyone's radar.

2. Real Techniques Bold Metals Flat Contour Brush - £22
I'm not 100% sure but I think this might be the most popular brush in the Real Techniques Bold Metals range because it seems to be constantly sold out. I wouldn't be surprised due to how crazy everybody is about contouring these days. It seems like the perfect size to get right under that cheekbone. Oh and it helps that it's rose gold. Pretty.

3. Clarins Radiance Plus Golden Glow Booster - £19
Starting to think that I would buy anything with the word glow in the name. There was alot of fuss about this last year. Apparently a few drops in your regular moisturiser will leave you looking like a golden goddess. I want in.

4. Anastasia Brow Wiz -£15.50
Yeah OK I'm very late to the party not trying this yet but £15 for an eyebrow pencil when I know there are alternatives puts me off. I've tried what is supposedly the Sleek dupe for this and it was pretty good but I do still want to see what all the hype is about with the Anastasia Brow Wiz.

5. Model's Own Colour Chrome Nail Polish in Rose - £5
Because why not match your nail colour to your new make-up brush?

Have you tried any of these before? Let me know what you think in the comments. 



2 comments:

  1. Been wanting to try the Pixi Glow Tonic for about a year now, not quite sure why I haven't picked some up yet!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know what you mean about the real techniques brush... I really really want it, but £22 eeek! Still hoping it goes into the 3 for 2 offer soon.. high hopes lol

    http://www.MakeErinOver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete